Sunday, January 26, 2014

New Prints

I finally finished up with my Jobo Processor for the time being.  I've wrapped up all my color processing, and everything that I need the processor for, so I've put it away and moved on to other things.  I'm planning on getting to some regular film processing in the coming weeks, and also to some printing.  Last week I started on the tedious task of making contact prints of all the negatives that I've recently processed.  These are small proofs of the negatives, that help me to decide which ones I might want to enlarge and print properly.  In the process of making these I came across several that I thought would make good enlargements.  I went down into the darkroom a few days ago and tried printing a few of them.  These were all printed to smallish 8" x 10" format, but I took the time to print them to archival standards on fiber based paper.  The prints were then properly fixed, cleared, selenium toned, and fully washed.  I will live with these work prints for a while and decide if I want to invest the time to make bigger enlargements.  For the time being I will show them at the next Monochrome Guild meeting, and share them with friends and family.  One of them is a shot of the Monarch Garage in Loverna, Saskatchewan.  This building has since been demolished, and when we visited there late last summer, I promised the owner, who had taken us on a bit of a tour of the remaining buildings in town, a print of this negative.  These scans were all made from the finished prints...




No comments: