Sunday, January 19, 2014

January Day Trip

Through the end of 2013 and into early 2014 the harsh winter weather has continued.  Mostly it has been cold with a lot of snow.  These past few days the pendulum swung the other way and we have had record warm temperatures.  We have remained above the freezing point, even overnight, for most of the last week. When it has dropped below Zero, it has only been by a degree or two.  We set high temperature records here in Edmonton at least once this past week.  We also set a wind record as for one day we had extremely high winds, with gusts hitting 120km/h.  This weekend it was really nice, with the temperature peaking at around 7C, and the winds just light.  Most importantly the skies were clear for a change and the sun was out. I decided to take advantage of the mild conditions and headed out with my camera.  Mostly I wanted to do some test shots with Kodak 100 T-Max.  A friend of mine shared some technical data, and I want to shoot some duplicate test shots, and compare my typical exposure and development to what my friend suggested. I typically shoot this film at 64 ISO and develop in Perceptol 1:3.  My friend gives much less exposure, at 200 ISO and develops in X-Tol 1:1.  
I headed out east of the city and enjoyed the afternoon.  I found a really cool old school house and did shoot a couple of comparative sheets of 100TMX.  I forgot to bring my little digital camera with me, but took this record shot with the camera in my cell phone.


No comments: