Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Alberta Foundation for the Arts

The Alberta Foundation for the Arts, right here in Edmonton, has a program they call "Art Acquisition by Application".  Basically they solicit submissions from artists in any media including, painting, sculpture, fiber art, ceramics, drawing, printmaking, photography, glass and mixed media.  They set up a jury to review the submissions and select works for purchase.  Then using the funding available in their budget, they purchase these works and add them to their permanent collection.  My friend Gerald has submitted to this program in the past and had one of his photographs purchased last year.  He reminded me of this late last week, which was more or less right at the April 1st deadline.  
I had most of the necessary submission materials available in light of my recent and ongoing Procession West project, so I threw together a quick proposal.  I attempted to deliver it to their office for the April 1st deadline, but this being Easter Monday, the deadline was extended to today.  I dropped off my package this morning, right at the deadline.  It included five images from the Procession West project...






No comments: