Friday, April 5, 2013

Procession West Book

Last weekend I finished up the layout of the book that will be presented in conjunction with the Procession West exhibitions.  This 48 page catalogue outlines the exhibition and includes all 40 of the images that are part of the full version of the exhibition.  We have also included some contact information for purchasing prints, some technical notes, biographies, etc.  The hardcover book is wrapped in black leather, and printed on heavy 216gr silk finished paper.  It measures 11" x 11".  I finished the layout and placed an order for one copy of the book, last weekend.  My layout was uploaded to the PhotoBook Canada website.  I discovered that the books are actually printed in Kuala Lumpoor, Malaysia.  The book arrived at my door by courier today, less than a week after I ordered it.  Very impressive service indeed.  More importantly, the quality of the book is very good.  I have a few little things to tweak before I order multiple copies.  But the adjustments will be relatively minor and we are pretty much ready to go to print.  Rob and I will offer signed copies of the book available for purchase at our gallery exhibitions, on our websites, and for that matter, here on my blog. We have yet to figure out the exact cost but that will be determined very soon.



 






No comments: