Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Procession West Book Project

I have put together a self-published book project that includes all of the photographs from the Procession West project.  This includes all 40 images by Rob and myself, as well as an artist's statement, biographies, technical notes, etc.  I uploaded this layout to one of the on line book publishing companies and have ordered one copy.  It is a leather-wrapped hardcover book, 48 pages, on heavy silk finished paper, with overall dimensions of 11" x 11".  Once this book is shipped to me in a couple of weeks, I will review it and see if any further editing is in order.  I expect that the brightness and contrast of some of the images may need to be adjusted slightly.  I will also give it a final proof for typographical errors, font styles and sizes, and proper alignment of all the text.  Once any final adjustments are made, Rob and I will order additional copies of the book and offer them for sale in conjunction with our gallery exhibitions.  We are not really intending to generate any profit on these books, and just want to break even on our expenses.  But it is hoped that these books may lead to some ongoing interest in our work and perhaps future print sales.  Our contact information is included in the book so that anyone interested can contact us to purchase prints.

No comments: