Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Trip Home...

On Wednesday morning, September 28th, with the fossil molding projects under control, I packed up for the return trip home.  After having breakfast with Frank and Jim, I set out in the general direction of home.  The other two guys were going to return to the Ammonite site and peel the mold.  As it turned out, the silicone was not fully cured and they had to stay an extra day before the mold could be peeled off.  But it all turned out well in the end, and mold came off nicely.
I made my way back up the Elk Valley, through Sparwood, and up into the Crowsnest Pass.  Soon I was back in Alberta.  I stopped along the way to make a few photographs... actually quite a few photographs...
First I shot some valley fog just outside of Fernie.  Then later I explored all the little coal mining towns in what is now the Municipality of Crowsnest Pass.  Lots of interesting buildings here, including the remains of some of the coal mining operations.  I stopped at Frank Slide, and the Burmis Tree, and eventually at Lundbreck Falls.  I was totally wrapped up in all the photographs I was taking.  When I finally stopped and seriously checked the time, I realized that it was already 3:30 in the afternoon, and I still had five or six hours of driving ahead of me.  So, I reluctantly packed up my gear and hit the road.  It was a long and uneventful drive back home, and when I finally arrived it was nearly 9:00PM.









No comments: