Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fall Comes to an end...

When we awoke on Saturday morning... rather late in the morning... it was snowing heavily.  This was a rather abrupt reminder that I still had a lot to do to get ready for winter.  Fortunately the snow came to an end just as abruptly and melted by early afternoon.  Nonetheless I accepted the wake up call and got busy.  The air compressor came out of the garage and I blew all the water out of our underground sprinkler lines.  Then I turned my attention back to our trailer.  I had winterized the plumbing a few days earlier, but still not unpacked it.  So I set to work cleaning all the summer groceries and clothing and general stuff out of the trailer and to get it ready to put into storage.  In between all of this I worked on processing a couple of batches of film.  This time around it was two batches of Kodak T-Max 400... one on Saturday and the second on Sunday.  In between the batches I took the trailer out to my parents acerage and parked it in their workshop for the winter.  With that chore finally out of the way, I turned my attention to the second batch of T-Max 400 film.  The first batch was dry by Monday evening, and I began scanning the best of these as I took the second batch out of the film washer and moved them over to my drying cabinet.  These will be ready to scan later in the week.  Slowly but surely I am getting caught up on the backlog of film that needs processing.
This current batch included a couple of images from 2009.  One a burnt stump and some new growth in Kootenay National Park that dates back to a spring photo weekend trip, and the second a shot of an old stump on the beach from one of our fall camping trips.



Most of the remaining images were taken in 2010.  This included a couple of sets of Triptych images.  These are three seperate negatives, taken with the intention of being presented as three seperate prints mounted together in the same frame.  The first is a shot of a fallen tree at Elk Island National Park, and the second a shot of the old churches at Dorothy.  Both sets were taken in the spring of 2010.


I also have a shot from my Playground Ghosts series... note the ghostly image of Hailey on the background slide at this old playground, as well as a panoramic view of an old grader in a Saskatchewan ghost town, and an image of a vandalized television set in an abandoned old house.




I also slipped a few sheets of film from the recent Fall Fossil weekend into this batch.  This includes a couple from Pronghorn Coulee, and one from the Krause Ranch.  I'm pretty confident that I can nurse a pretty respectable exhibition print from at least a couple of the negatives in this batch.  And there are a couple of good negatives in the batch that is currently being dried.  I'll be scanning and sharing those in the coming days.



  

No comments: