Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Open Photo 2012

I received an E-mail today advising me that my image, Anna's Swing, had been awarded an honorable mention at the VAAA Open Photo Competition.  Back in the spring this image was selected, along with over 30 others, from the original submission of over 300 images.  The exhibition opened in Calgary this past weekend, and the judge selected the "Best Overall", "First, Second and Third Runners Up" and six "Honorable Mentions".  My image was one of these six.  Rather ironic considering that I submitted this same image last year, and it didn't even make the first cut.  Needless to say, Anna was thrilled.
This selection of photos shows at the Jubilee Auditorium in Calgary for about three weeks.  Just before the end of October the show will be put up at the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditoriun Kaasa Gallery, here in Edmonton.  I will be attending the opening to accept a certificate.


No comments: