Wednesday, October 3, 2012

More Film Processing

After returning home from the weekend at the Ranch I wanted to get back into the darkroom and process some film.  This batch was Efke PL25M in 4" x 5" format.  I recently learned that this film, one of my favorites, has been discontinued.  I have several hundred sheets in my film freezer and should be able to keep shooting it for a few more years.  As that stock is depleted I will need to find something that is a similar alternative.  I really like the smooth fine grain of this film, and the snap that the images have, particularly when processed in dilute Rodinal developer.  This batch is all from 2012.  Two from the Spring Photo Weekend, the Mushroom shot from Labor Day, Elk Island Pond from a daytrip this fall, and the rest from a little over a week ago on the Trackway trip.  I'm hoping that I can create an interesting print out of one of the two trackway shots, but that remains to be seen...










No comments: