Monday, May 30, 2022

Recent Travels

I was only back in the city very briefly.  I played hockey, caught up on a few chores, grabbed some fresh film, and hit the road again.
On Thursday May 26th I travelled to Calgary.  I picked up my friend Chris at his place, and we hit the road.  We had permission to explore an historic site.  It included some old buildings, machinery and vehicles.  It was located on private land, and the owner has never given access to any other photographers or researchers before.  We promised that we would not disclose the location, or post any photos, so for that reason I have nothing here.  We spent most of the day there and really enjoyed our time.
Later in the afternoon we continued on our way.  Chris' wife Connie had to work on Thursday so she was unable to join us.  But when her work day was done, she set out from Calgary and eventually met up with us.  
We connected in Drumheller and stopped in at a local watering hole for a beer and something to eat.  The Battle of Alberta Hockey Game was on television and we watched the first period while we had dinner.  Most of the locals in the Drumheller area are Calgary Flames fans, so I kind of had to keep my mouth shut about my support of the Edmonton Oilers.  We didn't stay for the whole game but learned later that the Oilers defeated the Flames in overtime and knocked them out of the playoffs.  The Oilers will now advance to the conference final against the Colorado Avalanche.  I never really expected the team to do this well and it now looks as though they have a legitimate shot at the Stanley Cup.
After dinner we stopped and picked up a few groceries and then headed on out to my shop in East Coulee.  Chris and Connie crashed in the shop, and I stayed in my trailer.  Before we retired we sat up around a fire in the yard and had a few more beers and visited.  It was a great day and there would be more adventure to come over the remainder of the weekend.

No comments: