Friday, May 20, 2022

2019 is Done

I processed two batches of film this week.  Included in those two batches were the five remaining sheets from the 2019 calendar year.  The first batch was Efke PL25M which I processed in Rodinal 1:50.  This included a couple of shots from the Fall Photo Weekend in Jasper in November 2019.  It also included the shot of the backside of the old store in Nordegg, which was included in my previous blog post.
The second batch of film was something called CatLabs 80.  This film is new to me and relatively new to the market.  I bought a couple boxes from the CatLabs photography store in the Boston area.  I've been shooting it since late 2019 and finally accumulated enough to process a batch.  I ran the film in Kodak D-76 developer, 1:1.  I'm not sure quite what to think of this stuff as several of the shots exhibited a real blotchiness... particularly in uniformly toned areas like the sky.  This shot below was of my friend Steve and was also taken on the Fall Photo Weekend.  I'll have to take a closer look at the other sheets in that batch and see if this issue is isolated to just a few, or if it is consistent in all of them.
With these two batches completed I now have all of shots done from 2019.
I had a look at my binder full of the negatives from 2020.  It seems there are about 35 sheets left to process from that year, so I am gradually catching up.



No comments: