Friday, May 28, 2021

Yet Another Watercolor

On the evening of May 20th, while I was out at Nordegg, I worked on this watercolor.  It is a small piece, approx. 7" x 7".  This was in the evening after I finished up cutting a pile of logs at our property next door.  I was sore and tired and it was rather cold and miserable outside.  The temperature only got up to about +3 during the day, and by evening it was approaching the freezing mark.  A good evening to work on something indoors...!
I based this on a watercolor image that I found online, but modified it.  I cropped it to square format, and changed things around enough to personalize it.  I'm not trying to steal anybody's work and certainly mine probably deserves a home in the dustbin, rather than in a frame.  But I am continuing to try to learn how to work with the materials.  Like my other paintings, I'm not totally happy with this one, but every time I work on a piece, I learn a little more and hopefully improve slightly.  I've lost count now, and don't know how many I've done.  Maybe thirteen or so....?  As in the past, the snapshots show the progression as I worked on this one.  At some point you just have to stop and consider it done.








No comments: