Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Mt. Athabasca

I shot this image in June of 2020.  This was when my friend Rob was visiting from British Columbia, and we spent a few days out taking photographs.  This is a panoramic view of Mt. Athabasca.  This is just beyond the Big Bend on the Icefields Parkway.  Parker Ridge is just out of the frame to the left.  And the Columbia Icefields are just a few miles further down the highway.  The spot that this photograph was taken from is in Banff National Park.  Mt. Athabasca is on the border between Banff and Jasper National Parks.  The smaller mountain to the right is Hilda Peak.  The summit of Mt. Athabasca is 11,453 feet above sea level.  At least I think this is all correct.  I'm basing this on information I was able to determine from a National Geographic Topographical Map of the area.  If anyone sees this and determines that I am mistaken, please let me know.  This image is from the recently processed batch of Fuji Neopan Acros that I developed in Rodinal.



No comments: