Monday, November 4, 2019

Vancouver Island Trip - Day 7

On Thursday October 24th we didn't have to rush to the Gulf Island Ferry as we had done the previous couple of days.  Brad, Rob and I decided to head back down island to the Parksville area, and not cross to the Gulf Islands on this day.  The forecast was calling for a cooler, breezier day with overcast skies.  So we headed back over to Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park near Parksville.  This day it was a whole lot nicer then it had been a couple of days prior when it was pouring rain.
I wandered around out on the tidal flats with my camera for a while.  And Rob and Brad wandered off on their own for a bit.  I did a couple of detail shots down on the beach, and also found a tidal pool that was full of thousands of sand dollars.
Later I wandered over to where Rob and Brad were.  They had gone around the point from the bay and were exploring the rocky beach in this area.  Rob was working on a bunch of abstract detail shots of the forms in some of the driftwood logs up a the high water line.  I wandered into the edge of the forest and attempted a couple of shots of a the Douglas Fir trunks, and a solitary maple.
Once we finished up here we made our way back to the parking area.  Like last time the meadow at the edge of the trees was full of the little black rabbits that we saw last time.  They have the grass grazed down like a golf green.
Later we headed inland on the Port Alberni road and turned off to Englishman River Falls Provincial Park.  This time I didn't bother to do the entire loop trail, but focused my attention and my camera on the upper falls.  I bushwhacked my way down to small plunge pool at the edge of the waterfall.  I tried some long exposures, hoping to record the swirling eddy.
It was a great day of shooting and I think I came away with a couple of decent images.  Once we wrapped up we drove the hour back up island to Countenay and retreated back to the rental house for the evening.

















No comments: