Thursday, June 27, 2019

Springfest Film Shots

Back at the beginning of May the girls and I attended the Springfest down in East Coulee and really enjoyed all the musicians.  Earlier on my blog I posted a bunch of digital images of some of the performers, and outlined our experiences that weekend.  2019 was the 20th edition of the Springfest and the only regret I have is that we have only attended the last four or five, and missed out on all the earlier editions.  
In addition to shooting those digital snapshots at the festival, I also brought along a 35mm SLR and shot some film.  A month ago or so I processed the first couple of rolls of film.  This was the old standby Kodak Tri-X Pan 400, which I rated at 800iso due to the low light of the venues.  I tried to get a bunch of my friends from the Monochrome Guild to come down for the weekend and shoot the event with me, but they all bailed out.  More recently I scanned the negatives from that first couple of rolls.  I haven't had time to do much with those files yet, but earlier this evening I touched up these two, which are among my favorites.
The first is the lead singer from Black Cherry Perry's Mississippi Medicine Show, and the second is Glen Brown of Spur Crazy.....





No comments: