Sunday, June 23, 2019

Game Camera Photos

Just before leaving the cottage on Father's Day I followed my usual routine and switched out the memory card from my game camera.  Last weekend I got a shot of the woodchuck, but otherwise the vast majority of the images are of the deer, with a few shots of squirrels, ravens and magpies mixed in.  I saw a herd of at least 13 elk one evening last February, but have not seen them since.  They are still around, though probably in smaller numbers, as from time to time they show up on the camera.  I also got a couple shots of some coyotes earlier this spring.  This time around I got a nice shot of a black bear.  This is the first time I have captured a bear with the camera.  We have not even seen any bear sign in a couple of years.  There were some grizzly tracks in the mud the spring after we cleared the lot, but since then I haven't seen anything.  I understand that two black bears have been sighted around the subdivision in recent weeks.  An adult female and a younger smaller male.  The young one is about a two year old and its speculated that his mother just sent him off on his own.  I suspect that the photo I captured is of the youngster.





No comments: