Sunday, January 27, 2019

Missing the Mountains

I haven't been out to my cottage for a couple of weeks now and I'm missing it.  I need to focus some time on building cabinets and doors here in the city, and I don't really have much to work on out at the cottage right now...  So unfortunately I have been staying home on weekends... and probably will continue to do so for the next little while.  That said I am making some progress on my millwork projects...!!  I build some coat hangers using antique door knobs.  That is now just about finished and almost ready to install.  I have the last two interior doors well underway.  I worked on the bodies of the kitchen cabinets over the holiday break.  I have the hardwood facing and two drawers installed on the first section, and am just about finished with the doors.  Once this is done I will move onto the next two sections.  There are three sections of lower cabinet that will be installed in a U-shape.  Once these are in then we can get counter tops installed as well as finish up our plumbing and put in the kitchen sink.  I still have two upper cupboards to build, but if it takes a while for me to get to these, it won't really matter.
Last time I was out there I took this snapshot out of our living window, looking south towards Eagle Peak.  It was about 6:00PM and the sun had just set.  There was a nice afterglow on the underside of the clouds and the colors really popped out for a couple of minutes.  Just found this shot while I was downloading some more recent stuff.....



No comments: