Thursday, May 7, 2015

Kodak High Speed Infrared - 4" x 5"

Earlier this week I processed a batch of Kodak High Speed Infrared Film.  This included the two mystery images that I posted a couple of days ago.  This batch also included a selection of other images.  One, included here, was of some Mountain Avens gone to seed.  This was taken up along the Forestry Trunk Road in the late summer of 2014.
Kodak discontinued this film many years ago.  The last batches they produced had an expiry date of 2001.  I am still using up stock from those last batches, which I have kept in my freezer.  The film seems to be fine, but if I let it lay around in film holders for too long before shooting it, it quickly starts to develop some edge fog.  Several of the images that were in this batch suffered from this fogging.  Although the film was exposed relatively recently, it was loaded last summer and has travelled around with me a bit before it eventually was used.  I need to make a point of avoiding that and only loading as much as I intend to use.


No comments: