Saturday, March 10, 2012

Rough Week.....

As I was out doing my film tests at Elk Island on Sunday, I began to feel uncomfortable with some abdominal cramping.  I had a pretty intense bout with this same condition about a month ago, and it lasted for three days.  I kind of wrote it off to symptoms of the cold or flu that I was coming down with at the same time.  This time around the cramping came back fairly intense, and again lasted for about three days, but was not accompanied with a cold.  My abdominal muscles were going through the spasms and became very sore.  At the same time by back muscles were becoming quite sore trying to compensate for the doubling over that I was going through in the front.  At their worst these spasms were coming every few seconds.  I was unable to get out of bed for two days, and did not go to work for the first three days of the week.  Margarit convinced me to go and see my family doctor.  He suspects it is a problem with my gall bladder and ordered a bunch of tests.  The blood and urine samples were no big deal, but the dreaded stool sample was not a lot of fun.  Dumping a load on a paper plate, picking through it with a popsicle stick, and trying to smear some into a tiny little jar, leaves something to be desired.  Next time you see one of those ads on TV for paper plates, and how much food gets loaded onto them at the family picnic, take my word for it...  they really do hold up to that much without collapsing.  I am now just waiting to go in for an ultrasound on Monday.  A few days after that I will get the results, and I can go forward from there.  Since the spasms stopped on Tuesday evening, I have felt pretty good, except for being a little dehydrated, sore muscles around the middle, and a lingering headache.
Needless to say I was not able to play Game 27 of the Renegades winter hockey season.  We had a really short bench with only about 10 or 11 skaters and a backup goaltender.  Despite a parade to the penalty box, the guys managed to hang on for a 5-2 victory over the Trojans.  More importantly this keeps us in the last playoff spot with three games left in the season.
I returned to work for most of the day on Thursday and again on Friday.  It was a rather quiet week at the shop with the weather forcing us to postpone an installation in Calgary for yet another week.  I have a lot of odds and ends to catch up with next week when I get back... hopefully to full time duties.
On Friday evening I set up my home studio and took some photographs with my view camera of Hailey and Annelise in their new dance costumes.  These were just recently handed out at their dance classes, and will be worn in the year end recital coming up in June.  Here's the color Polaroid version, but I also shot a whole bunch of Black and White.


While I had the lights set up I also took a portrait of myself.  Actually this portrait was taken for me by my oldest daughter Hailey.  This will be used in the submission package being put together for the "Procession West" project.


No comments: