Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Apparitions at The Art Gallery of Alberta - TWO

This is the second print I have framed for the Art Gallery of Alberta.  This one is called "Hudson".  This old wreck lies at the bottom of a steep hill, along a mountain highway.  It has been there since the late 1950's, and it is surprising how intact it is.  I shot this one in the fall of 2022 when Arturo and I were out exploring.  This one was taken with a wide 90mm lens on my Ebony 4x5 view camera.  This film was Ilford FP4, developed in Perceptol.  There was a large contrast range between the sunlit trees in the background, and the foreground that was in shade.  The softer development of Perceptol I think may have helped this a little, but despite that I still had to burn in the background in printing.



No comments: