Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Day Trip with Helena

On Saturday May 25th my youngest daughter Helena [10] and I went out for an afternoon drive.  She wanted to use a film camera, so I set her up with my Contax 167 and a roll of film.  I had my Ebony 4x5 view camera with me, and managed to take a couple of shots.
We headed east and north from the city.  We passed through Elk Island National Park and noticed that there were Canada Geese pairs all over the sides of the road, and most of them had new goslings.  Helena had a great time trying to photograph them, both on film and with my digital camera.  Once we passed through the park I made my way up to St. Michael.  The old house up there that I found a few weeks back seemed to beckon me to return and shoot that old refrigerator that I somehow neglected to shoot before.  
Still later we found ourselves at an old house, and shot there for a while.  Someone had set an old shoe on the window sill and although it was obviously staged, it was quite photogenic.  We took a couple more shots there before a thunderstorm rolled in.  The wind and the rain sent us scrambling for cover and by this time it was late afternoon.  We didn't get all that early a start so this trip was a rather brief one.  It started raining heavily enough that further exploration was not likely given the time of day.  So, we slowly made our way back to the city.  But it was a very enjoyable afternoon for the two of us, all the same.











No comments: