Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Tanja and Paul

Back in early September the girls and I were invited to our friend Tanja's wedding.  She was marrying Paul, who lives in North Dakota.  The wedding was in Youngstown in southern Alberta, where Tanja had been living and teaching school for the past year.  Tanja is a film photographer like me and we met when we was a member of the Monochrome Guild.
Tanja had an official photographer for her wedding, but I offered to take some film shots for her, so she would have some negatives that she could print traditionally for herself.  I used my Hasselblad and shot four rolls of medium format 120 roll film.  It was with the now discontinued Fuji Neopan Acros... a wonderful emulsion that provides a really nice rendering of skin tones.  Finally last week I was able to make some time to get down into the darkroom and process that film for her.  I scanned the film and will be sending some of those digital files to Tanja shortly.  She has since moved away to southern Manitoba, to be closer to her new husband.  I guess the process of immigrating to the United States is fairly involved and will take some time.
I didn't spend a whole lot of time on this image.... just adjusted the brightness and contrast a little, and threw a border around it. 

No comments: