Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Asters, Gog Creek

Here is yet another image from the September trip to Mt. Assiniboine.  This one was taken on the last full day at Mt. Assiniboine Lodge.  It was cool, overcast and rainy on this day and my images certainly were not as strong as some of the earlier ones taken in spectacular light.  All the same I quite like the quiet mood of this one.  Though there had been a snow storm just a couple of days before our arrival, these Asters on the edge of the creek were clinging to the remnants of the season and were still blooming.  This one was taken with my big view camera and 110mm lens.  The 110 is a moderate wide angle lens for this format.  I used Kodak T-Max 100 film exposed at 80 iso and developed in 510 Pyro.  I set the aperture at F20.0 and used a shutter speed of 1/15 of a second.  I did another one with the lens stopped down to F41.0 and a shutter speed of 1/4 second.  Often I like the dreamy, blurred look of flowing water with a longer shutter speed.  In this instance because there was so little water visible between the rocks, it really didn't add anything, and it showed a little more movement in the flowers.


No comments: