Thursday, June 12, 2014

Summer Hockey - Games Eight and Nine

On June 5th the Renegades played a game against the Chiefs.  I was forced to miss this game due to my sprained hand and dislocated finger.  The guys played a solid game and hung on for a 5-3 victory.

Then on June 10th we played another game, this time against the Banana Hammocks.  I was back on the ice for this game, but my hand was still pretty sore and swollen.  I played the game without incident but could not take a slap shot.  We lost the game, by a score of 6-2.  Despite the loss we are still in second place in our division.  But there are two teams, the Banana Hammocks and the Nighthawks, that are only a point behind us in the standings.  And only the top four teams will make the playoffs.  So we need to get things back together for our next game.

That will be a challenge as our next game is coming up tomorrow, Friday June 13th.  I fail to understand why the league schedules summer league games on Fridays.  I am only able to round up about 10 guys that can make it to this game, and we don't have a goaltender.  Our regular goalie is unavailable for this game, and every backup that I can think of, has also turned me down.  Between me and the other guys on the team we must have already contacted at least 10 goalies and so far no luck. We may be forced to forfeit this game, which would probably knock us out of playoff contention.

No comments: