Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Saturday Day Trip

I had a little time on Saturday afternoon so I headed out for a while with my cameras.  I didn't travel all that far... just up into Strathcona and Lamont counties.  My first stop was at an old barn along Highway 21.  I had driven past this spot many times and always thought it was worth a photograph. This time I actually got out the big camera and took a shot.  Then I moved on a short distance to the north where I knew there were three abandoned old cars.  I stopped here and shot for a while as well. After that I took a bit of a drive up into the Heartland area, past a bunch of the refineries.  Nothing exciting was taking place right at the moment, and the light was not particularly appealing.  I made my way back towards the city and came across a pond with some lily pads.  None of the plants were blooming yet, but the leaves were getting pretty big and lush, so I stopped and took a couple of photographs here as well, before making my way back home in the afternoon.  Here a couple of snapshots from some of my stops on this short little trip...






No comments: