Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Ilford HP5

I finished up processing most of my Infrared film and have now turned my attention to some of the other films that I need to catch up on.  In mid 2011 I started shooting some Ilford HP5+ in 4" x 5" format.  I've been accumulating it ever since.  I now have about 50 exposed sheets of the stuff and last week I finally set about starting to process it.  Earlier this year I did some testing of this film in Ilfotec HC developer.  I made some exposures of a step tablet, processed them for varying times, and then read the densities with my densitometer.  This process was outlined in some detail in a blog post that I wrote at the beginning of March. Using the data that I obtained from that testing, I established a development time for this film.  My testing suggested that I need to give this film more exposure than I had been.  To compensate for that I increased the development time a little.  The negatives came out nice and crisp and I'm quite pleased with the results. I've scanned and included a number of them here...

A small stream in the southern Alberta badlands, taken in the summer of 2011

The girls rock collecting on a gravel bar beside the Bighorn River, 2011

A glade in the Cottonwoods along the Red Deer River, 2012

Some strangely eroded rocks in the southern Alberta badlands.  This shot was from the Fall Prospecting Weekend in October of 2012.

A couple shots of a Still Life setup that I put together in my home studio, 2012


Yet another shot from my Playground Ghost series, this one from 2011

Portal Creek during the Monochrome Guild Fall Photo Weekend in 2011

A roadside pond during the Monochrome Guild Spring Photo Weekend in 2012


Cottonwood Snag in the badlands, 2012

A Fir Stump out in the Alberta foothills, 2011

No comments: