Monday, June 11, 2012

Rainy Day Trip...

My girls had their year-end dance recital this weekend, plus the weather forecast was not great, so we did not make any plans to go away on the weekend.  I did sneak out of the house for a while on Saturday afternoon with my camera.  The skies were heavily overcast and somewhat ominous.  It rained several times during the afternoon, at times heavily.  I took one shot of an abandoned industrial site on the edge of the city, and then continued out to Elk Island National Park.  The light was very soft and muted, and everything was wet, so I focused my attention, and my camera, on detail shots.  Some bunchberry blossoms, aspen trunks, pond lilies, etc.  I don't think I ended up with anything really spectacular, but it was nice to get out again with my 4x5.  This was my first time shooting with it since the Spring Photo Weekend with the Monochrome Guild guys, back in early May.  I pulled the couple of sheets of Polaroid 55 that I shot, and have scanned and attached the best one.  I call this one "Group of Seven"...


No comments: