Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fathers Day

This past weekend was Father's Day... or as I prefer to call it, "Farters Day".  I briefly saw my Dad, but most of the weekend was spent with my kids.  All three of my girls, and my fourth girl Margarit, went camping with me out to Brazeau Dam.  Margarit's brother Shawn and his kids came along with us.  I salvaged his tent for him after the "Dad and Kids" weekend and he rather sheepishly reclaimed it, so that he and his kids could join us for the weekend.  Margarit's camera-shy best friend Shelly, her husband Eric, and their three kids joined us for the day on Saturday afternoon.  Mostly we just relaxed in the camp site, spent some time down on the beach with the kids, had an evening fire, and enjoyed the weekend.  It was a little abbreviated as we were not able to leave home until Saturday morning, and the others weren't able to join us until later that day.  But we really enjoyed the weekend spent in good company, and outside.  The weather was reasonably cooperative, and although it was a little overcast and breezy, we only got hit by a few brief showers....













No comments: