Monday, January 23, 2012

Winter Hockey - Game 20

I was not able to make it to Game 20 of the Renegades winter season on Saturday night.  I had tickets to see the Oilers play the Flames at Rexall Place in another edition of the Battle of Alberta.  I had promised middle daughter Annelise that I would take her to the game.  Although I really enjoyed the time spent with Anna, from a hockey perspective I probably should have gone and played with the Renegades instead.  The Oilers "pooped the bed" again and put in a less than half-hearted effort against the Flames.  They were down by four goals before they even started to play and ended up losing the game by a 6-2 score.  The Renegades did not fare much better and lost by a score of 4-1 to the Buzzards.  We are now well into a losing streak of our own, and have fallen to eighth place in our division.  We are going to have to turn things around and start winning if we want to muscle our way back up in the standings and try to earn a playoff berth.

No comments: