Sunday, January 1, 2012

Polaroids

 I am down to my last couple of boxes of Polaroid 55 film.  This is a 4x5 sheet film that yields a positive proof and a negative.  The sensitivity of the two materials is not quite the same, so if you want to get a good negative and expose for that, the print tends to be a little over exposed.  This material was discontinued about 4 years ago when Polaroid stopped production.  I have been rationing the last of my stock ever since and will probably run out sometime in 2012.  It is quite different from most other black and white films as it tends to have a tonal range and contrast similar to that of color transparency film.  I shot a couple of sheets of it when I was out at the monastery on December 30th.  I processed it on New Year's Eve and by this afternoon it was washed and dried so that I could scan it.



No comments: