Wednesday, February 28, 2024

In Focus

The official opening of the InFocus Edmonton exhibition was on Saturday February 24th at the Art Gallery of Alberta.  One of the shows, that is a part of the overall exhibition, was on display at this location.  There are several other venues around the city that will display the other shows.  The two pieces that I had accepted are showing at the Wild Skies Gallery.  This is a space in the Renaissance Hotel out at the Edmonton International Airport.  There is also a show at the Red Brick Common in Stony Plain, as well as several others.  More information about the event is available on their website.


This year is the tenth anniversary of the event.  I have had my work included in eight of the ten exhibitions.  The other two times I was busy and didn't get around to submitting anything in time.  This year, in commemoration of the anniversary there was also a book produced.  I bought a copy of the book and one of my images was included in it.
This time around my friends Steve, Arturo and Louis also had work accepted for exhibition.  Arturo won runner up in the Portrait award.  Louis was the winner of the landscape category.
The opening was well attended with many of the photographers present.  Margarit joined me and we enjoyed the afternoon.
I have known Alexis Marie and her husband Aaron since the first show a decade ago.  I really appreciate all the effort that they go to in order to make this event such a success.  I am a sucker for getting involved in managing things... like my hockey team, and my photography club, but that pales in comparison to organizing an event such as this.  I commend them for all the hard work.




No comments: