Thursday, June 11, 2020

Swale Road

On the last weekend in May Margarit and I took a drive up Swale Road.  This is a log haul road that extends north of the David Thompson Highway and  circles around the backside of Coliseum Mountain and Baldy.  We spent a pleasant afternoon driving around and exploring.  We stopped at a crossing over a small river.  I think it was the Baptiste River, but I need to check my maps to be sure.  We also explored along a small creek that is a tributary to the Nordegg River.  Margarit collected a few rocks, and in a couple of places I stopped and set up the view camera for a couple of photographs.  There are extensive clear cuts in this area as a lot of logging activity has and continues to take place around here.  There is also a pipeline, and a lot of oil activity.




No comments: