Monday, December 9, 2019

Procrastination

After months of procrastination I finally finished up the last section of kitchen cabinet for Nordegg.  It has been essentially done for quite some time.  Just had to mount the drawer fronts, and the doors.  I got that finished up last week and then this week I wrapped everything up for transport.  The next time that I go out to Nordegg with a helper, I'll take it along.
This is actually the middle section of cabinet in a U-shaped kitchen.  So, in order to put it into place I'll need to disconnect the sink that I have temporarily installed, and remove the temporary plywood counter top.  Then the fridge will need to be pulled out of the way so that the left side of the cabinet can be pulled back.  The center section will go into place, then the left side back into place, and then the fridge rolled back in.
I will likely put the temporary countertop and sink back into place for now.  We haven't decided exactly what we'll be doing for a permanent countertop.  Probably go with some quartz or granite but haven't really looked into that yet.  Need to get these cabinets installed first and then final dimensions can be confirmed for whatever we decide to use on top.
I've also started working on the bunkbed that I'm building for the girls bedroom and have the two boxes for the mattresses put together and ready to finish.  Now just need to move on to the posts and frames.




No comments: