Tuesday, May 8, 2018

More Old Neon

Last Friday I took the afternoon off from work and the girls and I headed down to Drumheller.  My Mom came along with us.  We were planning to attend the annual East Coulee Springfest.  On the way down, we stopped in Stettler.  I had admired the old neon sign on the Stettler Motel as I drove past it many times previously.  This time I stopped and photographed it with my big view camera.  I figure that the building, and probably the sign as well, are not long for this world.  There was a fire in the building sometime ago and it has been condemned and closed.  It seems doubtful that it will be repaired and I expect that one of these days it will be demolished.  Not sure what will happen to the sign at that point, but at least I now have a record of it.





No comments: