Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Fleetwood Mac

Margarit and I had tickets to see Fleetwood Mac at the coliseum in Edmonton last week.  I had seen them once before, at the very same venue, back in the late 1970's.  This time around it was the 35th anniversary of their Rumours album.  Most of the original band members were on this tour.  It was a great show and I was particularly impressed with the guitar playing skills of Lindsey Buckingham.  He is exceptional and had the place just rocking.  Stevie Nicks did pretty well too, and her reedy voice, though slightly weaker, still had that original sound, despite her age [65].  I missed a hockey game to be at the concert.  The Renegades played our third game of the summer season that night.  It sounds like I missed a pretty exciting game.  I understand that we rallied to tie the score late in the game and eventually pulled off a shootout victory over the Ice Hawks.

No comments: