Monday, January 1, 2024

Wrapping Up

As 2023 comes to a close, we are wrapping up not only the year, but also the work over in the guest cottage.  Construction is now complete, and I'm rather slowly working on cleanup and organization.
I have been cleaning all the floor tiles of excess adhesive, and mopping.  I no longer wear outside shoes in the cottage.  I have the west bedroom, the kitchen and the dinette finished.  Just the bathroom, the living room and the east bedroom remain.  Margarit and I are slowly unpacking all the decore stuff that we have accumulated over the past year or so, and we're starting to set some of it up.
The year wraps up with yet another mild day here in the mountains.  The daytime high peaked at about +4C.  But the skies were leaden and heavy all day, and it felt rather gloomy.  Being the old folks that we are, we plan on just having a quiet evening at home, and will not celebrate the turning of the calendar with any extravagance.
2023 was a pretty good year, and I have no regrets.  Lets hope that 2024 is even better...!!
Happy New Year Everyone...!!!






No comments: