Monday, January 22, 2024

Piano

This is the last of the scans of the images shot on Ilford HP5 film.  I processed these 4" x 5" sheets in 510 Pyro Developer.  This shot is a more recent one....   My friend Steve and I went out on a day trip, mostly to scout a few small town hotels for the Beer Parlour Project.  We managed to stop and sample the wares in a couple of fine establishments along the way.  We also made a stop at the abandoned Russian Monastery up in Smoky Lake County.
Someone left a piano, presumably as an offering of some sort, in a clearing in the woods where the monastery once operated.  That was a number of years ago and the piano has now succumbed to the elements and is giving up the fight.
I shot this image on December 6th 2023 at about 12:30 in the afternoon.  I used my Ebony view camera and a 125mm lens.  No filter was needed as there was a beautiful clear winter sun on this day.



No comments: