Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Roadside Bush

I was drawn to the way that the low winter sun caught this bush on the side of the Forestry Trunk Road, and painted it with light.  The dark background of evergreens really made it stand out.  I suppose I could take a drastic departure from reality and print this with a lot more contrast and moodiness.....
Back in early December I processed a batch of Ilford HP5 sheet film, in 4" x 5" format, in 510 Pyro Developer.  This has become one of my favorite combinations.  Development was for 7:25 minutes at 24C, with the concentrate diluted 1:100.  I'm just now getting around to posting some of the scans from that batch of film.
I shot this back on January 22nd of 2023, at about 1:00 in the afternoon.  It was a milder day and I was out for a drive with my camera, looking for subject matter to photograph.  It seems I am always lacking some winter shots when it comes time to putting together my annual calendars.  To that end I have made a point of trying to get out a bit during the winter months.  
I shot this with my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a slightly wide 125mm lens.  A #25 Red Filter allowed the values of the background forest to fall off a little.



No comments: