Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Beer Parlour Project - BP 9.0 - Victoria Hotel

My recently processed batch of T-Max 100 sheet film also included a couple of shots from the most recent Beer Parlour Project outing.  This was back at the beginning of December.  We visited the Victoria Hotel in Bruderheim for episode BP 9.0.
I have no choice but to use faster films for all the interior shots and portraits that I take.  But every time we are out on one of these outings I try to take a couple of shots of the exterior of the building as well.  The nice clear, low winter light nicely illuminated the Victoria, and I chose to capture it with this slower film, processed in 510 Pyro Developer.
The first shot, cropped to panoramic proportions, is the east side, and technically the front, of the Victoria Hotel.  I shot this on December 2nd at about 2:10 in the afternoon.  I used my Ebony view camera and a wide 75mm lens, with no filter.
About 15 minutes later I took the second shot, the side entrance to the lobby of the hotel.  This was taken with my Ebony view camera and a 150mm lens.  Once again, no filter was necessary.
The Beer Parlour Project is making a return visit to the Victoria on Saturday February 3rd.  We want to interview some of the elderly patrons that remember the original owner of the hotel.  They were unable to make it out when we previously visited in December.  I also have prints made of all the portraits I shot last time, and will hand them out to anyone that returns.  We actually tried to coordinate a return visit back in mid-January.  But then the deep freeze hit and temperatures plummeted to -40C.  It wasn't practical for Chris and Connie to travel all the way from Calgary, and the turnout likely would have been light.  So we rescheduled this next visit, officially to be known as BP 9.1, for early February.




No comments: