Sunday, October 1, 2023

BP7.0 Grand Union Hotel - The Beer Parlour Project

This is a portrait of Glory-Jo, in the lobby of the Grand Union Hotel in Coleman.  Glory-Jo is the current owner of this majestic old hotel. She was a fantastic host when Chris, Connie, Margarit and I visited for the Beer Parlour Project back in mid-September.  This was the seventh stop on our tour of old hotels, and thus will be known as BP7.0.
This shot was taken on Kodak T-Max 400 film, pushed to 1600 iso, and developed in T-Max Developer.  I took a number of other photographs during BP7.0, some on this same film, and some on different films.  I will continue to post any successful ones here on my blog in the coming weeks and months as I get around to all the processing.  
One of the things that people don't always immediately grasp about film photography is that there is no instant gratification.  I can't look at the screen on the back of my camera and see if I got the shot.  I have to rely on my skill and expertise to get the shot.... then there is a sense of anticipation as I wait until I have time to develop the film.  Sometimes it works... occasionally it does not.  That's what makes film photography so much fun.



No comments: