Sunday, October 22, 2023

35mm Scans - BP5.0 Tofield

I processed a batch of 35mm roll film.  I do not shoot this format very often, but returned to it for the Beer Parlour Project.  I have some fast lenses for my Contax 35mm SLR's and have been using them to shoot some T-Max 400 film.  Just like with the 4" x 5" sheet version of this same emulsion, I have been pushing it to 1600 iso.  It has been working out quite well, and even though pushing the film increases the grain size and pumps up the contrast somewhat, the small format images have been more than acceptable.  Development was in T-Max Developer, a formula specially formulated for use with this film, and intended for pushing.  I diluted the developer 1:4, and developed for 7:50 minutes at 24C.
These three images are all from BP5.0 at the Tofield Hotel on August 4th of this past summer.  The younger guy seen in two of the three shots was together with the older gentleman, who was his grandfather.  Arturo shot a more formal portrait of them and will be making them a print.  The other image is of Sharon, Arturo's wife, chatting with Lana.  Lana is a local and a regular at the hotel tavern, and I also photographed her with the big view camera.






No comments: