Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Me and Hank

Hank has become a huge part of our family.  On June 15th it will be his birthday, and he will be one year old.  He has changed a lot since we first brought him home as a little pup last summer.  He has developed a really unique personality.  Whenever someone gets home after being away, even if it has only been for 15 minutes, he gets extremely excited and can't stop jumping and yipping.  He is really attached to me, and likes to sit or lie down with me.  But he is also not really a lap dog, and never stays beside anyone all that long.  He is also very comfortable just crashed on the floor, the sidewalk or out on the lawn.  He likes to sit at my feet, or perhaps more accurately, on my feet.  When I am not around, my shoes will do.
When we went out to the farm near Bluffton last summer to look at the puppies, Margarit and I went into the pen with the mother and her litter of eight puppies.  As soon as I sat down, one little guy crawled over and climbed into my lap.  That was Hank, and he has been part of the family ever since.






No comments: