Friday, June 2, 2023

Counter Tops

I spent another week out at Nordegg, starting on May 21st.  I headed out that morning, and had a couple of days on my own before the rest of the Tribe arrived.  On Tuesday the 23rd my brother-in-law Shawn Tribe, and his girlfriend Lisa arrived... followed by my sister-in-law Natalia Tribe Bright, and then later my wife Tina Margarit Tribe.  Their cousin Martina, who was visiting from Austria, rode out with Natalia.
Unfortunately the guest cottage was not far enough along to be used.  Natalia rented one of the cottages in town owned by the Beehive Artisan Market.  These are the cottages that purchased some prints from me earlier in the year.  She stayed there with Shawn and Lisa, and Martina stayed in our cottage.
On the 24th they all took a drive up to Windy Point and explored by Abraham Lake.  I stayed behind and worked in the guest cottage.  This was mostly because the inspector was scheduled to come out and do the final inspection on my electrical installation.  It all passed with flying colors and the electrical permit is now closed.  This goes along with the plumbing permit that was closed a couple of weeks ago, and the sewage system permit that was closed last fall.  Just the building permit left to deal with.
I managed to get the plastic laminate glued onto all three sections of counter top.  This includes the bathroom vanity, the microwave cabinet and the main kitchen cabinet.  I also got all of the chrome edge trim installed and the sink openings cut.  Next time I come out I'll bring some materials to hook up the water supply and the drains to the two sinks.
On the evening of Thursday the 25th, Shawn's half sister and her husband joined our little family reunion.  Shawn was adopted and later in life made contact with his birth mother and two half siblings.  Becky, Shawn's half sister, and her husband Gerald live near Rocky Mountain House, so they joined us all for a visit.  I had met Becky before... many years ago... but not Gerald.  It was great to get acquainted and hang out together.
On the morning of the 26th, Shawn and Lisa headed back to Edmonton.  Natalia and Martina continued on to Jasper.  They would stay there for a couple of nights and then travel back to Natalia's home in Point Roberts, Washington.  Martina is scheduled to fly home to Austria, out of Vancouver, in early June.  Margarit and I stayed behind at our place and really enjoyed some couple time together.  We had some nice dinners and puttered around on a few chores around the cottage.  As nice as it is to spend time with family, it is also nice when life returns to normal.








No comments: