Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Spring Weekend

The routine continues.  The girls continue to spend most of their time out at the cottage, while I spend most of my time at work.  As has been the usual routine, I headed out to join them last weekend.  I left the city on Saturday morning and it was an uneventful drive out.  The melt is not quite as advanced out in the foothills as it is here in the City.  In Edmonton the snow is pretty much gone, even in most of the shady spots.  Out in the foothills, quite a bit of patchy snow remains, and the creeks and streams are all running vigorously.
On Saturday after I arrived, we went for a walk.  It was a beautiful day with sunny skies and the temperature up around 15.  After dinner Hailey and I watched a movie together.  On Sunday I assembled a work bench that I had brought along.  Then I made a trip to the dump to drop off a bunch of garbage.  Shortly after that I had to hit the road for the drive back home.  Saw a few deer along the way, but no other wildlife.  This time around I took a different route home and drove the Sunchild Road up to Drayton Valley, then across on Highway 39 to Sunnybrook, and the straight east on Glen Park Road.  I stopped at Brazeau Dam and took a couple of photos with the view camera, of the collapsed ice in the channel.  I saw a couple other spots along the way home that might be worth a stop next time.  The light had gone really flat by evening so I didn't both to stop this time.



No comments: