Sunday, May 27, 2018

New Image

Normally at this point in the year I have shot about 150 to 200 sheets of film.  So far this year, I've shot less than forty.  For viewers of my blog that are interested in my images, it's been pretty sparse.  Mostly I have been providing updates on the construction of my cottage.  And that is precisely the reason why I haven't been able to do much photographically.  In the short term, that probably won't change much but going into summer and fall I hope to have the construction project far enough along that I can back off the rigid schedule somewhat, and get back to making photographs.
I just realised that I haven't posted an image to my Flickr account for about a month-and-half.  This past spring I started putting images on Instagram... but nothing new there for a long time as well...!
So tonight I dug out this old scan... taken in April of 2017.
Last year I was using up a the remaining film in an old box of Bergger BPF-200 film.  I originally purchased this stuff back in the 1990's, as I was told that it was a traditional thick emulsion film, well suited to highly dilute development and other compensating techniques.  I wasn't particularly impressed with any of my results so the film sat in my freezer for nearly 20 years.  Last year I loaded the last few sheets and used it up.  This negative is one of the resulting images.  I don't know if it is any better than anything else I shot on newer stock, but will find out when I eventually develop some of last year's images.
This is an old abandoned gas pump in one of the ghost towns that we visited while filming the "Forgotten Prairie" documentary.  I like the way the willow has grown around and absorbed the pump nozzle.  Obviously this has been left untouched for a long time.


No comments: