Monday, March 26, 2018

Nordegg Construction Update

I went back out to Nordegg last Sunday.  This time around it was a solo trip.  Hailey often comes with me on trips such as this but this time she is away visiting her Aunt in Washington State.  The other girls didn't want to go.  It was really quiet out there with only one of our immediate neighbors around.  I brought out a big load of fiberglass insulation.  This is roughly half of what we will need to insulate the place.
I spent most of the day tidying up the cottage.  The floor was littered with construction waste and debris such as wire cuttings, wood shavings, dirt and leaves, packages, wrappers and cartons.  It sure looks a lot better with everything tidied up and organized.  While I was working the four deer that were hanging around last week came back.  They all settled down on bare patches of grass beneath the spruce trees in the woods behind the cabin.  They were pretty calm and tame and didn't respond much to the banging around that I was doing.
I also built a temporary railing around the stairwell and took some measurements for an attic access hatch that I need to put in.  Before everything gets closed in, I took a photograph of every wall and the ceiling in every room.  This will provide a record of the routing of the electrical wiring, in the event we ever have to trace anything.  I'm pretty much ready to start on the insulating as soon as the electrical inspector checks out the wiring rough in that my friend Rob and I installed a week ago.








No comments: