Monday, March 12, 2018

March Trip to Nordegg

I took a quick drive out to Nordegg on Thursday.  Nothing has happened at the property since I was there last, as there is nothing really left to do on the exterior of the building.  Later this week my contractor will be hoisting the two skylights up to the roof for me.  While he is up there with his boomlift he will also put in the chimney for the wood stove, and one plumbing vent.  Once I get a little electrical rough in looked after, there are two small areas of soffit to be installed.  Otherwise the exterior is done, until the snow melts and the ground thaws so that we can finish up some site work, and utility trenching.  While I was out there I also met with the drywall contractor that will be doing the interior work for us.  He is based out of Rocky Mountain House and was out in the area working on a neighboring property.  I also dropped off a load of scaffold and set it up in my cottage.  This will be used to access the high vaulted ceiling for electrical rough in, insulation, vapor barrier, drywall and taping, and wood paneling installation.
When I finished up at the cottage I took a spin over to Abraham Lake to check out ice conditions.  I didn't actually walk down onto the lake to look for ice bubbles, but I confirmed that the wind has swept the ice relatively free of snow.  At some point soon, when I have a little more time, I hope to get out there with my camera and photograph the ice.






No comments: