Sunday, March 11, 2018

Guitar Fingers

I've been taking guitar lessons since right after Christmas.  I can honestly say that I have been practising for at least 20 minutes, every day.  There has been the odd day that I have missed, due to work commitments or hockey games or travel, but I have made up for these occasional days with extra practise time before and after.  I'm training myself to play chords, and to make changes from one to the next.  I am working on playing parts of a number of my favorite songs including some by the Eagles, Blue Rodeo and others.   A Beatles song, Dust in the Wind, Patsy Kline, and a few others.  I still need some help at figuring out the stumming patterns, and on putting these little riffs together into complete songs...  But it's coming along.  I've mostly been practising with my Takamine acoustic that the girls got me for Christmas.  But I've also been playing on my Rickenbacker.  And from time to time I play a little on Hailey's Gibson Maestro, and on Anna's Simon and Patrick acoustic.  My fingers are becoming slowly conditioned but despite the callouses that I am developing, some days it is a little painful to play.  Maybe I'm trying too hard, or maybe I just need to stick with it until my fingertips toughen up a little more....


No comments: