Thursday, October 12, 2017

Preparations for "Night at the Museum"

Just spent the last few evenings getting ready for the upcoming event at the East Coulee School Museum.  I printed a few of the negatives that I shot last Easter when we were out filming the "Forgotten Prairie" documentary.  These last few evenings I have been mounting, matting and framing those prints so that I can show them at the upcoming premiere.  Most of my friends and family are unable to make the long drive down to East Coulee for the event, but a couple have promised to show up.  We are hoping that those in the Calgary area will be more committed to heading out for a day trip, as this is a much shorter commute than those considering driving out from Edmonton.  Nonetheless we are hopeful for a reasonable turnout.  
I have five new prints framed and ready.  I also have five prints from Procession West that fit the theme of this documentary which I will also include.  And I have eight additional small prints, matted but unframed, that also suit the subject and will present those as well.  Tomorrow I will pick up some of the refreshments so that we can be prepared to set everything up on Saturday afternoon.
This evening, now that most of these preparations are behind me, I'm trying to unwind a little and am working on editing some scans of older images.  This image included below is from a trip down to Crowsnest Pass in June of 2016.  I was down in the area at the time to pick up the Procession West show following it's run at the Lebel Mansion Gallery in Pincher Creek.  While I was down there I did a little shooting, including this image of Crowsnest Mountain.  This particular image was shot with my 4x5 view camera and a longer focal length 300mm lens with a #25 Red Filter on Ilford FP4 developed in Perceptol.  It doesn't really fit the context of this upcoming event, so I won't include it there.  But I have just posted it to my Flickr account and now include it here on my blog.


No comments: