Saturday, September 20, 2014

Winter Hockey - Game Two

I was feeling barely alive all day today.  The girls brought a cold home from school, and although I fought it off for a while, the cold eventually won.  I went to bed early last night and slept for about 12 hours.  But I still felt exhausted all day.  I took a nap for an hour before the hockey game and headed over to the rink for a 6:45PM puck drop.  Though I felt feverish, and had a headache, I thought that the exertion and the sweat might do me some good.  I did feel a little better after that came, but my head is all congested and sort of spinning.  I'll get to bed again early tonight and see if I can get enough sleep to feel a little better tomorrow.
This game was against the Hungry Beavers... a good team that we have played against numerous times in the past.  We got the first goal less that a minute into the game for an early lead.  But, the Hungry Beavers scored four times through the rest of the first period and the second and we were down by a score of 4-1 to start the third.  The Hungry Beavers seemed to get tired and slowed down and there was a huge momentum shift our way.  We scored five goals in the third period and were holding a 6-4 lead late in the game.  They scored one late goal to make it close, and then we had two soft penalties assessed against us in the last minute of the game.  But we hung on for the 6-5 victory despite being outshot 43-35.

No comments: